Jump to content
Roy

2nd EU Tournament

Recommended Posts

Hey everyone!

I'm happy to announce that the 2nd EU GvG tournament will be starting in one weeks time. You may remember last time me and my friend, Domi, made the GvG League/tournament on EU, which started back in October. This time will be slightly different as its only the tournament portion, and as such will only be happening on two days, Monday the 27th, and Thursday the 2nd.

The first day will consist of the group stage; we have two, 4 guild groups who will fight among each other to determine who goes to the semi-finals and finals, on Thursday. Each guild will fight the other 3 guilds in their groups, for a total of 3 GvG's (per guild) on Monday. The 2 guilds with the best score from each group will then advance to the semi-finals on Thursday, and the winners of those GvG's will be the finalists. We will also have the third place match between the two losing guilds of the semi-finals during or after the finals on Thursday. All of the GvG's on Monday, as well as the semi-finals and 3rd place matches will be best of 7, or first to 4 wins, and the Final will be best of 9, or first to 5 wins.

The guilds joining the tournament are:

Group 1: [LAYS] Pirate Chips (Current Tournament Champions), [iN] Infamous, [PPT] No GvG On Home Bl, [siK] Civilised Sharks

Group 2: [Ren] Relinquish, [Vng] Vanguard, [pV] Pure Voice, [War] Warband

Our Main stream, with shoutcasting, will be Expandas. There will be gem and skin giveaways during the stream on both days. The streaming schedule for Monday is:

20:15 [iN] vs [PPT] 21:00 [Ren] vs [Vng] 21:45 [LAYS] vs [iN] 22:30 [LAYS] vs [siK]

All times are CET (GMT +1)

There may be other streams during the tournament broadcasting other GvG's, I will update this post with that information if we get more streams. If anyone else would like to stream/shout cast feel free to send me a message. I will also make a second post after Monday with the results and the plan for Thursday. As always if anyone has any questions/suggestions, feel free to post below, or send me a pm. Thank you to all the guilds joining, and the support from the community. Cheers, and good luck next week!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Props for organizing this. With all the talk about the game being dead and all, it's nice to see some initiative and people trying to keep things interesting.

Let's see if the balance patch on Wednesday can switch things up a bit (probably not, but here's hoping)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, MogoN said:

Props for organizing this. With all the talk about the game being dead and all, it's nice to see some initiative and people trying to keep things interesting.

Let's see if the balance patch on Wednesday can switch things up a bit (probably not, but here's hoping)

Still no GvG Arena expansion though and the OS is rarely used afaik.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, CrimsonNeon said:

Still no GvG Arena expansion though and the OS is rarely used afaik.

GvG as a mode is in a pretty dire state, with little competition and 0 support from ANet's side. Not denying that.

All I'm saying is that it's nice to see some initiative, because things like this actually help promote the gamemode as well as WvW, because - believe it or not - everyone saying the game is dead does not

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/02/2017 at 12:14 PM, MogoN said:

GvG as a mode is in a pretty dire state, with little competition and 0 support from ANet's side. Not denying that.

All I'm saying is that it's nice to see some initiative, because things like this actually help promote the gamemode as well as WvW, because - believe it or not - everyone saying the game is dead does not

I guess people stopped asking Anet for support after a while, it took them a while, to nerf CoR and gunflame and change the boon meta. 

GvGs in the guild arena were just an afterthought really, unlike the OS redesign.

I agree it's not entirely dead, but I doubt many guilds will  come back, unless the next expac has some kind of balance or some sort of support for GvGs. I doubt it though, it'll be mostly PVE centric.

Edited by CrimsonNeon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, CrimsonNeon said:

I guess people stopped asking Anet for support after a while, it took them a while, to meet CoR and gunflame, adjust the boon meta. 

I guess gvgs in the guild arena were just an afterthought, not like the OS. I agree it's not entirely dead, although, I doubt many guilds would come back, unless the next expac isn't horrible.

I think if ANet actually started supporting the scene by giving the necessary tools (i.e. proper guild arenas would be a start, maybe somewhat of a standalone gamemode one day, akin to GvG in GW1) many people would be interested in coming back. GW2 is, in my opinion, unmatched when it comes to fluidity in combat and it's insanely fun, but we'll see if they actually ever decide to build on this, probably not. Any decent RvR-style games coming in the near future might be the final nail in the coffin for this scene, but so far most of them look rather shit, imo.

Next expansion is also a big thing as well, I agree. If they release another half expansion like HoT with little to no features in regards to WvW that's gonna blow a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since Anet didn't nerf epi on the balance patch why don't we just ban it? 

I mean we banned more than one Mesmer in the last tourney when boon mes was considered "broken", and imo epi is more broken than boon mes was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for letting us in! (Zoi) - Some very tough fights for us there, killed a few so we are happy xD now time to improve, my guildies are maybe interested in gearing up for GvG in future so watch this space!

 

But one thing I must say, please ban Epidemic XD, I went down to one in my fight with 30+ stacks confusing + every other condi xD and I'm the commander.... I tried to pop a cleanse or get people to cleanse me but sadly you instant die on most classes as soon as you touch a skill. The skill is TOO overpowered imo, it sends to many condis and such a low cooldown. Not only that but it's unblockable and it's crazy range. As you can see from that video that ele wasn't even really close to the fight, no one attacked him yet he just dies instantly, can't even pop a condi cleanse. I can't understand why anet didn't at least reduce the number of condis or tweak it a little as it's clearly broken..... yes they did add a form of more condition cleanse but that's not really enough  to counter epi that well if you get hit at the wrong time.

 

I know it will break some peoples setup but for the health of GvG you should at least take a vote if you should ban it imo.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

pV won their matches against Vng, War and Ren 4-0 so 1st place for them. gz :) Vng got 2nd by beating Ren and War 4-0.

I'm not 100% sure about the other group...they had problems making it into the guildhall so sIK vs Lays was postponed yesterday. Lays won both of their other matches and iN won against sIK and Zoi so guess Lays 1st and iN 2nd will advance (not 100% sure cause i dont know whats happening with the Lays - sIK match)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Charr Quinn said:

Thanks for letting us in! (Zoi) - Some very tough fights for us there, killed a few so we are happy xD now time to improve, my guildies are maybe interested in gearing up for GvG in future so watch this space!

 

But one thing I must say, please ban Epidemic XD, I went down to one in my fight with 30+ stacks confusing + every other condi xD and I'm the commander.... I tried to pop a cleanse or get people to cleanse me but sadly you instant die on most classes as soon as you touch a skill. The skill is TOO overpowered imo, it sends to many condis and such a low cooldown. Not only that but it's unblockable and it's crazy range. As you can see from that video that ele wasn't even really close to the fight, no one attacked him yet he just dies instantly, can't even pop a condi cleanse. I can't understand why anet didn't at least reduce the number of condis or tweak it a little as it's clearly broken..... yes they did add a form of more condition cleanse but that's not really enough  to counter epi that well if you get hit at the wrong time.

 

I know it will break some peoples setup but for the health of GvG you should at least take a vote if you should ban it imo.

 

 

I totally agree. The only reason why we play that epidemic shit is to stay competitive. In case you don't play it the disadvantage is extremely high since it is not banned from the tournament.

But I would appreciate to see it banned in case we will have a 3rd tournament or league in case anet haven't solved it by themselves.

PS: It was nice to see you playing the tournament. We are always up for some scrims, just contact us.

Cheers,

Smily

 

Edited by smily

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×