Roy

2nd EU Tournament

On 28/02/2017 at 1:25 PM, smily said:

I totally agree. The only reason why we play that epidemic shit is to stay competitive. In case you don't play it the disadvantage is extremely high since it is not banned from the tournament.

But I would appreciate to see it banned in case we will have a 3rd tournament or league in case anet haven't solved it by themselves.

PS: It was nice to see you playing the tournament. We are always up for some scrims, just contact us.

Cheers,

Smily

I don't think you need to run it to stay competative though, you just need more counter - condi clear/condi reduction food maybe some additional personal and party clear on each character.

If we had more condi clear we would have performed better (and managed our resolves / blast/whirl on light fields better) but we didn't know GvG would be running epi bombs so didn't counter (we noticed also gvg people swapped food to counter us like 70 toughess 10 damage red as they know we was mostly power, instead of the 5% condi 10% dmg food etc again didnt expect this).

So next tournement we might try again and bring more cleanse if this is still happening :P

i know it seems dumb, but we trialed a shout dps warrior build with good results so see how this goes.... only thing it loses is the shield really in a gvg situation and gains some small healing (full zerk still tho/mara) plus huge condi cleanse, also brings more weakness/soft cc and swiftness/vigor and 2 whirls + blast with GS axe/wh....

Edited by Charr Quinn

1 hour ago, Mahrtas said:

Dont really see a way of playing anything besides gs/hammer on warrior ngl. shield in general is really useless and you lose an incredible amount of dmg for warhorn condi removes instead of hammer. not worth it at all considering you need all 3 utilities to actually survive as dps class. going for shouts instead is just suicidal and a waste. there is other classes that would way easier fit this role without relinquishing half of its job.

Theres enough ways to play around epidemic, i dont see a need to go for a full anti-condi comp. Besides this Epi was said to be banned in further tournaments, right?

hopefully its banned xD

try the warrior xD its funny, and you dont lose too much DPS as your taking axe over hammer which has decent cleave and aoe f1 damage which is low cooldown

dropping some of the traits sure i agree with but its possible to play without two endure pains with the right group :P

so i hear gvg round 2 is cancelled?

is there anyone that would like to take this over? i simply don't have the time but would love to do this still... considering anet/gw2 will never do gvg tourneys or support this game mode... we need to do it as a community try and keep it going and attract more people to it, maybe then they will listen....

7 hours ago, Equantum said:

We need a new GvG  Tournament now!

don't think anyone really wants to play arena anymore so would have to be eotm and wouldn't really work cuz a lot of guilds on same servers and it would take ages waiting for matchups/opposite colours

On 18.12.2017 at 1:00 AM, Crann said:

don't think anyone really wants to play arena anymore so would have to be eotm and wouldn't really work cuz a lot of guilds on same servers and it would take ages waiting for matchups/opposite colours

We need new bigger arenas now!