Sign in to follow this  
Roy

General WvW Fights

Hey guys, I'm posting this on behalf of Enigma, he's the one who wrote this, however he doesn't have a forum account. Hope you enjoy the read :D

Hey everyone, so as you know the game has been in a situation where you go to raid and get on the bl you have guilds "scrimming" and fighting Guild versus Guild. The open world is completely dead and each time you fight a guild when they're supposedly "not ready" there's hateful whispers and people are annoyed and all that. Yesterday we had the luck of having a couple of guilds pushing us without even saying a word, which was great, but then when we would turn and kill/chase them, they would express their frustration and anger at us for doing so. As we all know the game is quite old now, and all the guilds have gotten accustomed to the "new" way of doing things - what I just wrote. I am curious where all the open world competition has gone. I miss the days where you saw a guild in open field and pushed regardless if they were ready or not, when it wasn't about setting up fights and going into the bl and 3 other guilds watch you scrim just because they're waiting or something. It literally has become a clown fiesta and it is a dot of what it used to be. I would like to encourage people to engage fights more without all this settling "oh we don't have the numbers, oh this, oh that".. Go engage and whatever happens happens, no cds, no this, no that... If you want to have a scrim go in OS and do your scrim equal numbers. But all this BS of whats happening right now,people being full hypocrites and all is just ridiculous.

There's already people crying about what PoF might be; "Condi or no condi, metaball or not a metaball" - I really miss the days when people had more balls, didn't go emo and weren't like "oh we won't fight you" for absolutely no reason, if one guy says something to your guild the whole guild is like "oh you insulted us, you're an asshole". Why not just go and fuck that guild up? Where is all this so called competition? People are just killing the game with the attitude of not fighting because somebody insulted them, pushed them or anything in this manner. If you want to have a healthy scene and want to have more people trying to get into the scene, then the very least you can do is give them a chance let them do what they want and don't be negative towards every new guild coming.

Another bizarre part is the "gg" call in openfield. For example yesterday vI pushed us while we were afk and I believe that's what open field is about and that's what every guild should do. I commend the guild for doing so. But at the end of the fight there were people standing around ressing while the other guild watched and I don't think that should happen. BooM was another guild that pushed us and we had a massive 3way under mortar fire and cannons and it was the most exciting night of raiding since a long time. I think if we as a community start doing this it will lead to more competition, more fights and above all more fun for everybody in the game. However that won't work if guilds and groups give up after just losing 1 or 2 fights. This is a problem that affects everyone, not just guild groups, and moving forward everyone, including Ash need to make sure they're not giving up after 1 or two fights.

Cheers lads o7

I bet enigma is on vabbi if he is feeling this ":D", but I agree...many guilds play it very safe nowdays, feels almost like if it aint a safe win they wont even go for it, especially if they know its a really good its mostly a dodge, but...there are some guilds who just yolo and go for it, u normally learn more from a loss than victory, all our scrimms have been against good guilds and got our ass fucked, but we had more fun that way when its been a challenge than just playing safe : )

Edited by I Willdominate U

yep i agree on sunday we had a fucking blast on fsp border fighting amp, rt, kale, en constantly in fire keep area while we had 1-2 guilds pushing besides us they also had en portal bombing us outta nowhere or rt randomly pushing our regroup or just yolo pushing amp with 12 people. the best thing was the only downtime of fighting guilds during the 2-3 hour raid was respawns.

good shit i hope we get more situations where all guilds are on the same map and just fuck around and fight

we should legit just make red map for guilds in every matchup since there's the least pugs and open tags in that map. if every guild just queues red every night we avoid situations of having all fights in a map with 30 queue while you fight pug blobs.. there's also the fact that no one gives a shit about defending red map objectives which means less retards hugging acs everywhere.

Edited by spindom

36 minutes ago, YouwillHidey said:

Has this forums ever seen an insult like that? 

shoudn't you reply on sfr forums discution about this topic ? , as FoW president ?

you tring trong bong3

Only the old school boys still play like this , Mostly FSP guilds/blobs good or bad to improve or for fun don't give a fuck if they wipe or not they will just come back for more fights until they wipe you or until it looks hopeless. Same with the Vabbi boys and guilds like ash lays and amp. I feel like the new generation doesn't give a fuck about all the gentleman agreements , and open field guildfights. I feel like the pve patch was a big turning point wich brought in allot of the newer players but I guess its been going downhill for awhile already before that. The only decent guild that the pve patch brought was teapot's guild that plays mostly like us now(still run away/hide in t3 keeps if they think they are going to lose) , the rest is pure clownfiesta/pptfest.

maybe people dont want to fight in skill lag? maybe the guild doesnt want the other one rallybot their fights? theres a ton of reasons for either side

ye i agree with most of this, we should make open field "open field" again. on the topic of open field "gg", most of the time when we wipe open field we don't waypoint and we res eachother because the groups have moved on most of the time (this saves us running from spawn and means we get more fights overall during raid) but since you were afk you were still around and stopped us from ressing, you did let us res eventually and maybe you don't want this kind of agreement to let guilds res themselves since it goes against playing the actual game mode just like scrimming at south. It did seem like your guys were salty about us pushing you when you were afk (which we didn't realise) since you chased our disengage for longer than is usually respectful (chasing anyone low for a couple second if it seems like you can kill them) which made us a bit salty too. I would like to go back to the old style of raids where you actually hunt blobs instead of scrimming all the time just like lays does with bloodlust stacks and different builds probably, but it's so hard to wipe blobs these days especially with only 15 and recruiting is shit.

6 hours ago, Crann said:

hunt blobs instead of scrimming all the time just like lays does with bloodlust stacks and different builds probably

First time scrimming at south ruins in months, sry for killing open field lol

7 hours ago, Crann said:

I would like to go back to the old style of raids where you actually hunt blobs instead of scrimming all the time just like lays does with bloodlust stacks and different builds probably, but it's so hard to wipe blobs these days especially with only 15 and recruiting is shit.

I think killing blobs with lesser numbers will become easier with scourge and spellbreaker. Especially if you got a choke point.

1 hour ago, Iàm said:

First time scrimming at south ruins in months, sry for killing open field lol

My sentence was kind of poorly worded, what I meant was, it would be nice to hunt blobs with bloodlust stacks and blob busting builds like lays does, instead of scrimming all the time. the game kind of needs to be alive for this type of gameplay though or else you're running around empty borders.

I got a salty whisper the other day for killing a couple guild people (who had just wiped, and they were running) we were about to disengage when they turned back to attack us, we killed them, and apparently im the guy in the wrong for defending my group, i must say the overall salt is delicious, but tiring when you realize that very few people understand these "gentlemen agreements" from old gw2 wvw

ey guys, I'm posting this on behalf of Enigma, he's the one who wrote this, however he doesn't have a forum account. Hope you enjoy the read

so you're the little puppy of enigmma now ,cause he's too lazy to make an account forum xDDD

fuck this ennigshit butthole <3 

this is my contribution for the cancerous enigma post .

p.s : nobody wants to fight enigma cause he's the cancer himself .

,people being full hypocrites and all is just ridiculous.

lol ,tell us the guy who's insulting every human being when he can.

People are just killing the game with the attitude of not fighting because somebody insulted them, pushed them or anything in this manner.

and some ppl wants to crush face of that plebs in real life ,unfortunatly killing humans is forbidden ,why....we are 7 billions one less or one more xDDD

bye <3

Edited by UnknowZ

This happens years now,some ppl are way to new in this game obviously and imo everything is needed in www.

All kind of guilds,those who play fully www,those who focus on ppk,those who focus on ppt and ofc the small scale ones that do w/e pleases them.

If u don't like the fact that many guilds only do gvg's then change server or talk about it with your server leaders,wont change a thing and it shouldn't cause in the past when ppl started complaining about gvg guilds all the legendary comm's and players left the game and game became a mindless and skilless karma train fest .

I'm happy to see that game is balancing lately in terms of www. Everything is needed in WWW (except imo dueling which I find pointless since u specc to do one thing and u are an absolutely useless slot in a map except some ppl that are so skilled that they can do everything with a duel specc) 

This update is so awesome, don't ruin it with QQ about things that have happened years before and almost made this game a zombie train .      ;)