Sign in to follow this  
Flextom

What happend to Vabbi?

I'm really curious what happend to Vabbi, because Vabbi has atm only a k/d of 1 against Riverside and Kodash. And I'm guessing they will even drop down in tier 4.

So who has any updates?

no teapot to carry , and no bez to farm and bully

idk i got borred of game first week with uw link, so  i stopped ~ 2 months ago

Edited by Rav

Idk but seeing ez and to and some ash on wsr deso linking.... Also ng

Are u bois here to troll or actually play with us? Cus we been working hard on wsr pug quality etc.... 

Edited by Charr Quinn

well tbh UW is without Teapot not active. There's a couple of players that play regulary without Teapot. And of course Jak with [CK] only in EB.

Just now, Flextom said:

well tbh UW is without Teapot not active. There's a couple of players that play regulary without Teapot. And of course Jak with [CK] only in EB.

Ye saw jaks stream last night 30 tops squad most night but full maps zzz

4 minutes ago, Charr Quinn said:

Are u bois here to troll or actually play with us? Cus we been working hard on wsr pug quality etc.... 

Good to hear that WSR is improving :) Gunnar's Hold quality has got really good after we have been in tier 1, tier 2 for nearly half a year. And also we have quite a few active guilds on Gunnars Hold.

2 minutes ago, Charr Quinn said:

Ye saw jaks stream last night 30 tops squad most night but full maps zzz

Ye UW is dead without Teapot. Even Gunnar's Hold get more people together and can fill 2 maps with one public blob and guild groups on the other maps :494987028_preview_FeelsGoodMan:

14 minutes ago, Charr Quinn said:

as i told a lot of us don;t play the game at the moment or   won't play this game anymore

5 hours ago, Flextom said:

I'm really curious what happend to Vabbi, because Vabbi has atm only a k/d of 1 against Riverside and Kodash. And I'm guessing they will even drop down in tier 4.

So who has any updates?

Temporary project called Vabbi is expiring. All rats looking for easy wins are leaving the ship to join FSP (when not full) or its links.

3 hours ago, Rav said:

as i told a lot of us don;t play the game at the moment or   won't play this game anymore

aye ok, probably just some people looking for some activity then that do want to play.

Anyway nice what you guys did for a while (whether i like you or not is beside the point or u like me XD) but actually getting some good people together and those k/ds for a while and pushing vabbi to main xD

I only fought once early days because people were always looking to dodge the vabbi matchup by tanking ppt or doing lots... shame really :( this is what this game is about really fighting and bragging rights, not who owns the most keeps....

anyway good luck to you lot, hope u can keep the train going on.... and other severs take note, improve their pugs and push up for the last few years of this game as it will be truely dead soon surely....

if we can get 3-4 servers to fight over the top t1 positions with K/D not ppt. IT MIGHT BE INTERESTING rather than fight ac/door or nightshifts......

and flex baby, look forward to fighting your pug blob :) 

Edited by Charr Quinn

Some of us left vabbi because it got boring. There were new guilds like PvD leading every day like 12 hours without discord and still winning fights. Discordless commanders aren't exactly the most exciting ones. Vabbi was fun for a long time because we we're fighting with 15-40 man squads with no queues against blobs and only quality players (no rangers, thiefs etc. Everyone of discord and been in decent guilds) while it was being a challenge. Then ton of people transferred (like kimberlite, and you all know how terrible players people like kimberlite are) and there was  queue everytime there was fights making it boring.

Also contributing to it was commanders like Rav, Nation and Loves quitting leading (mostly because there wasn't challenge) which meant Vabbi commander quality dropped to dumbster and the only active commander was someone like "no-mic" kid inkk. At this point all good players that weren't bound by a guild left the server. 

Then UW got delinked from vabbi which ment vabbi also lost SALT and the mediocre bandvagoners, majority most likely went back to FSP.  Now there isn't anyone to pull people to the new linking with all the "great vabbi commanders" being inactive.

Well my original plan was to go back deso for past 6 months anyways, I just needed to let it die first with Sov and KISS there. After KISS and Sov left to make deso better place, I was waiting for it to open up. Vabbis melee-centric, only get fights around primetime, style wasn't exactly my thing.  Vabbi was at this point full of bandvagoners which ment you either had 10 on tag, or 80 on tag, which ment there wasn't awesome zerg fights anymore.

"Took SM, enemy comm tagged off. All other 3 maps empty. That was fun 15 minutes leading."  - normal day on Vabbi

Anyways, overall the game state is probably better like this. Originally I transferred to SFR link, because deso was full, and we had pretty decent fights against Vizunah when I was leading. SFR was pretty bad tho, even their server builds are terrible cavalier eles with wurm runes, haven't seem them win a single fight against Deso this week even with Kazo leading. Then the link got transferred to Gandara and it was pretty good constant fights there also, lib was leading a lot, sometimes losing to DL but eventually starting winning. I went back to Deso after new years and it has been pretty fun past few days.

Piken seems pretty great also, very active with multiple leads. They will most likely have good time in T1 against Gandara.

^^^^^^

Wall of text, cure for insomnia, you're welcome.

Edited by Threather

Hahaha, the funny thing is that not a single person responding in this thread is an active Vabbi player at the moment. 

For me, the last few days of the german MU has been the most fun I had in months in this game (maybe except that one Vabbi/FSP/Kodash MU straight before the relinks, that was loads of fun too). Every time I log in there is a Kodash zone whispering our contacts, looking for some blob action. And yes, they bring consistent quality and quantity. Concering the state of Vabbi, as Riba and others said, Vabbi we have now certainly isn't the Vabbi from few months ago. Significant part of our core stopped playing soon after we got paired with UW (ty anet), and these losses were compensated by almost daily transfers of players we used to farm before. Daily we had new discoveries especially in EB, players telling us how dead Deso/Drakkar/SFR etc. are and how happy they are to find their new home, looking for "fights" lol. Pretty sure you can understand our already frustrated core was absolutely stoked about this new development. 

Add in the fact that most of us were super slack mode during these holidays (many barely playing at all) in contrast with completely different approach in Germany - very high activity even during off hours from what I heard, the latest k/d and ppt differences can be partially explained by this. Right now we're just waiting to see how the stuff shakes up, and how many people we used to play with realize that WvW on Vabbi got kinda fun again. But it is quite possible the game is simply too dead for people to come back.

It seems Vabbi is the most vulnerable it's been in quite some time. But that's fine with me. Vulnerability brings challenge, and from my experience, challenge brings exactly the kind of players I enjoy playing with. So see you on the battlefield or some cringy shit like that, and when you meet our blob, give us hell!

Edited by Spoonman

Piken Square is open for transfer, LF good players pless

we carebear your toxic attitudes and ppt for your lazy asses and in return you guys get our kdr above 1.0  mkay?

also T1-T2 guaranteed as well as lots of drama about queues!

But really, people are probably on ski holidays or something and vabbi hasnt recovered from the UW linking so give it a few weeks before labeling the project entirely dead. There may be a chance people get reinvigorated to resurrect this downed server.

55 minutes ago, Dione said:

Piken Square is open for transfer, LF good players pless

we carebear your toxic attitudes and ppt for your lazy asses and in return you guys get our kdr above 1.0  mkay?

also T1-T2 guaranteed as well as lots of drama about queues!

But really, people are probably on ski holidays or something and vabbi hasnt recovered from the UW linking so give it a few weeks before labeling the project entirely dead. There may be a chance people get reinvigorated to resurrect this downed server.

Dont forget the drama meeting on friday! Use the f*cking schedule!!!! Good to see Piken Square roleplaying soon in T1 again :330x192:

Well I really hope we get some fights next matchup. What active guilds does Vabbi still have? Are there even still public commanders leading?

1 hour ago, Veteran Dolyak said:

trash vabbi project got rekted

after we farmed you too much , i feelt so bad i uninstalled the game you ri tard

got sick of farming

I've already seen kimberlite on sfr or AG (linked with Shino rip) thankfully.

Hopefully Deso keeps away, from any of the low quality bandwagon pugs, we already have afkers and disorganized pugs, usually found on EB. 

I even spotted a scourge minion master, the other night. No more signet necros please.

It would be nice to see some old Deso players, even if it's on a linked server. Anet will never unlock Deso.

Edited by CrimsonNeon

Spoonji is right here. Noone besides him said anything useful from vabbi side. People just lost motivation, cause no quality.
Last reset was the best reset in past 6 months. Constant fights with people actually pushing and going yolo and not some pirateshit we had against fsp last time. 
Also im glad Riba forgot about me and conzor, keeping us a secret vabbi weapon. (haha)

@Flextom We have 3 guilds actively raiding right now. Idk about vE or Scnd. Also dont worry, I really still lead a lot. 

Anyway hf on reset, since  i cant make it :/.